Sunday, October 11, 2009

What causes your muscles to pull you to one side, causing pain in low back, hips and knees?

When I sit and my muscles are relaxed I can cross my legs without any problems and when I stand and walk for about 100 to 150 ft everything is normal. BUT after that, my muscles in my back and legs become so tight that they pull me to the left so much that it actually makes one leg shorter than the other, causing pain in my back, hips and left knee. And when I sit back down, my leg and back muscles are so tight that I cannot cross my legs no matter how hard I try. I've seen a chiropractor, podiatrist, and family doctor. I have worn custom made orthotics (1 year) posture control insoles (10 months) and all kinds of heel lifts. NONE of these things has helped. Could this be some sort of muscle syndrome and what muscle group controls crossing your legs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

What causes your muscles to pull you to one side, causing pain in low back, hips and knees?
Muscles are odd things. First they come in 'groups' and it is important that when we exercise, we make sure we use all the groups of muscles. For example, walking is good exercise, but the downside, tight hamstrings! Why is that a problem? Tight hamstrings can also be responsible for postural problems and other back problems as they will tend to pull the pelvis out of normal position. Therefore if you walk, you need to make sure you exercise the other muscles in the legs, so that the hamstrings do not tighten and pull your hips out of alignment, let alone your spine. Good Luck
Reply:Uhhh. Wish I could help you but I would recommend that you try yoga, physical therapy, acupuncture, massage, and change change change your therapists so that a not-so-great one doesn't make you lose hope. Ask for the best around (family doctor) and go only to those.



develop skin cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment