Saturday, October 24, 2009

Is it ok to wear orthotics to the gym?

I have extremely flat feet and have been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. My podiatrist has given me custom orthotics (insoles) and these have relieved my pain immensely. I can now walk without pain %26amp; want to join a gym to lose weight. My question is, is it ok to do high impact exercises with orthotics in? I don't want to damage my feet further. What exercises can I do and which should I avoid, if any?





I know I should ask my podiatrist but my next appointment is weeks away and it would be nice to start working out soon.

Is it ok to wear orthotics to the gym?
Well like yourself, i am also a person in need of orthotics. Sometimes when i do heavy running (long distance) my soles would cramp up and have a pain there. However if it is quite light exercise, things like aerobics, orthothics would help you more, than not wearing them.



C++ Function

No comments:

Post a Comment