Saturday, October 24, 2009

I had extreme problems with my feet in my last 15k race?

They felt very tight, went to sleep and then were in extreme pain. On my left it was the outer foot and tearing feeling on the arch and on the right it was cramping on the arch. Last time I tried insoles they were too tight. I think my feet might be swelling while walking. is there some stretches or better shoes or strategies concerning this. I wore Avias. Yes, i am overweight, but it's not really the cardio aspect that is messing me up. It's my feet. Help! I have the Jessica Lunsford 8k coming up in a few months. I walk.

I had extreme problems with my feet in my last 15k race?
You should get someone to take a look at your walking and running form. When you go to the running store to buy new shoes, ask the salesperson helping you to watch you when you walk or take strides. Looking at your description, I'm pretty sure that your form isn't efficient.


Also, how long do you stretch? Try stretching for a longer period of time slowly.


Another possible problem is that your running shoes might be too old and the support is worn out.


Anyways, get your stride checked out by a running professional.
Reply:I have been running for 8 years now. Though I am biased towards Nike as a brand, I would recommend you to go to a running-specific store, like Fleet Feet in Carrboro, NC. They can help you find the right shoe because people buy shoes that aren't necessarily right for their feet, but more comfortable or fashionable. But after you get the correct shoes or even if you haven't, I would go to any major athletics store and ask the sales associates because they are getting paid to know the products they are selling. Good luck!!!





http://www.fleetfeetsports.com/



car audio

No comments:

Post a Comment