Saturday, October 24, 2009

Running after smoking?

I'm a junior in high school. My freshman year I really got into running during the track, my sophomore year I ran cross country %26amp; loved it. My PR was 19:40, but after the season I started suffering from knee pain %26amp; I thought I wouldn't be able to run anymore. After that I started smoking tobacco %26amp; weed for about 10 months. I've quit now and recently went to the chiropractor who said that my knee pain was probably a result over-pronating so I now have insoles to fix the problem. I have now rejoined the cross country team %26amp; I want to get back into my previous shape and beat my old PR. But I've really had problems with the condition of my lungs, it seems like I can push my legs okay but my lungs are holding me back. I don't know if it's just that I'm really out of shape or if the smoking has done me in. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether 10 months of heavy smoking is going to have an effect on my running or if I'm just really out of shape and tips for lung conditioning.

Running after smoking?
after like 2 days of not smoking you get back like 50% of what you lost.





after about 2 weeks about 90%





after 6 months like 99%.
Reply:Yes it will, but keep doing it. Your lung capacity will return, and breathing hard from exercise is great for your lungs! You'll get there. Keep it up! Congratulations on getting back into it. Oh and make sure you get new running shoes every 300-400 miles to avoid injury!



dental

No comments:

Post a Comment