Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I'm having skate comfort issues, could someone please help me to solve them?

I'm a roller hockey player who's having problems getting comfortable in my skates. I currently have a pair of Tour Patriots and I don't know if they're the problem. I pull my laces really tight because if I don't not only do my feet hurt, my ankles hurt as well. I also took out the insoles and put arch supports in there and they still don't work. The boot itself seems really stiff and I don't know if I need a softer boot or I'm wondering if I could be doing something to make them feel better. I mean my feet burn after games. If I do in fact need different skates, which should I switch to and I'd prefer not to buy Missions.

I'm having skate comfort issues, could someone please help me to solve them?
First take out the arch supports and try your local Pro-Shop. Have your skates "baked". Reason, it does not sound like the inside of your boot has formed correctly to your foot. Once your boots have been baked, you slip both of your feet (barefoot works best for me) in (don't walk around) and leave them there for 5 - 10 mins in a sitting position (chair) with very little pressure on the soles of your feet. This will allow the boot to conform to the top of your foot, around the heal and around the ankles... Good Luck! Or try Ice Skates, get off the sport court!



sweating

No comments:

Post a Comment