Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Is it possible to run without pain?

I have flat feet, severe overpronation, and slight scoliosis. I wear the proper shoes...do I need insoles as well? How can I run without having my ankles, shins tiring out before I do? Pain stops when I stop running.

Is it possible to run without pain?
I have flat feet...walking for an hour gives me such pain that I hated going to amusement parks...





I went to a chiropractor who had digital scanner to scan my feet...he ordered custom orthotic called footleveler...





Now I can walk 3-4 hours without any foot pain...it's amazing..





it costs like $350 though...but has warrantee for 2 years...
Reply:When it comes to foot strike and gait there is little we can do at the bottom. You can consider orthotics which can help correct a lot of foot issues. These tend to run 500+ dollars but can be well worth it if you are having problems.





Some of what you are going through is a natural hurt, which you are going to get as you exercise your underused muscles. It may be that maybe running is not the sport for you. I did a LTR with a person whom we could not correct her running shoes enough because her feet were in a bad way.





You could try splitting up your time between running and walking and gradually build your running up over a period of weeks. By decreasing you’re walking and increasing your running. Many beginner-running programs use this technique.





When in doubt check with your doctor, an x-ray may show something that you would normally see.





Good luck


Harry


http://thediabeticrunner.blogspot.com



sunburn

No comments:

Post a Comment