Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How do I get rid of a really bad callus on the back of my big toes?

I've had this callus ever since middle school and it has just gotten worse. At first I thought, "Everyone has calluses" But mine will dig into the insoles of my shoes and have even ruined my thin-soled shoes. I've tried foot scrubs and pumices, but it just comes back, sometimes worse. Please help!

How do I get rid of a really bad callus on the back of my big toes?
Keep using pumice stones, use them after you've had a shower or have soaked your feet. Every night apply lotion or cream to the callus so the skin can be revived. Even when the callus is gone, apply lotion to that area to keep the skin moist. There are these bandaid type things, can't think of the name, but they are like fake skin. They are a thick piece of soft, flexible material that prevents blisters or calluses from forming.





What you have actually sounds more like "corn". This is the thickening of the skin on your feet from improper fitting shoes. You can also get donut-shaped pads available at pharmacies to alleviate the pressure of the corn.
Reply:I know that if you buy one of those like, razor things for you feet and soak your feet everynight, then use the razor to shave off the callus it will eventually go down. Also, everynight before going to bed, get vaseline and rub in deeply onto your feet then put on a pair of socks before bed. This helps maintian moisture in your feet throughout the night, it might take a while but between both things, it should go down



windows

No comments:

Post a Comment