Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Three questions regarding USMC Marine Recruitment: Contacts, Bad Knee, and Flat Feet.?

I'm am very interested in joining the marines. However, I have a few complications I would love answered.





1)I have bad vision. It is corrected 20/20 with contact lenses. Can I wear my contact lenses through training and while on active duty?





2)I am flat footed. I have "fusion foot" which means I have absolutely no arch. I do have insoles I wear in my running shoes but I don't need them. I played football through high school and was a JuCo prospect, so it hasn't stopped me yet. Will this disqualify me?





3)My senior year of football I had a knee injury. My patella(kneecap) dislocated. I had athroscopic surgery to repair the tendon holding it in place, and a lateral release on the opposing side to keep it from pulling out of place. Regardless, I am at 100% strength with no complications. I do have a brace I have been wear for injury prevention, but I feel I can operate 110% without it.

Three questions regarding USMC Marine Recruitment: Contacts, Bad Knee, and Flat Feet.?
1) The Marine Corps will issue you a pair of glasses to wear. They're called BC (birth control) because they are so hideous no girl would ever want to come close to you when you're wearing them. However, you really only have to wear them during boot camp and maybe SOI. After that you can wear whatever you want.





2) Is there any way you can kind of turn your foot to make it look like there is an arch? I have flat feet too and that's what I had to do at MEPS. If you can't, that is grounds for disqualification, at least it was when I came in a few years ago. But ask your recruiter, it may be waiverable now.





3) Do you have a scar? If not, and you really don't think you will have any issues, just don't mention it. Your DI's will act like they know your entire medical history and are just waiting for you to tell them, but they don't, so just keep your mouth shut. If you do have a scar, they may try to disqualify you, it is possible to get a waiver. My friend had several surgeries on his knee and they still let him in so one should not be a problem



loan

No comments:

Post a Comment