Friday, March 12, 2010

What is a good summer shoe for me (I suffer from plantar fasciitis)?

I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis in my right foot. I'm currently wearing New Balance sneaks with motion control and a special made insole (from my podiatrist). But summer is coming. I just bought a ton of new, cute summer outfits. Lots of khaki capris and dressy tops (I'm a student teacher, so I have to dress up a bit). My sneakers WILL NOT go with my new summer clothes at all. I'm trying to find a good pair of summer shoes that have good support, a removable insole (so I can use my custom made insole), and still look cute enough for my summer clothes. But I'm at a loss. Please help!

What is a good summer shoe for me (I suffer from plantar fasciitis)?
Last year I had problems with my achilles and plantar fascitis. I went through physical therapy all year and it really helped , but I refused to wear the sneaks all the time, so my doctor and therapist suggested I at least wear a closed toe shoe if possible to add the insole, with a flat wedged shoe to give the degree angle I needed, for support, but not too much strain, with balance to the ankle and ball of my feet. Flats and high heels are definitely out. My doctor warned me sandals with complete flat wedge only- in other words the wedge is not seperated from the toe/ball of foot part of the shoe. Ihope this helps good luck. (By the way I'm wearing espradrilles and a light summer like wedge clog)



C++

1 comment:

  1. I have plantar fasciitis myself for a few months now. My podiatrist prescribed me with Custom made orthotics which did not work at all. I found very good shoe advice in this web site:
    http://plantar-fasciitis-elrofeet.com/plantar_fasciitis_shoes.html

    ReplyDelete