Friday, March 12, 2010

Any natural remedies for "fallen arches?"?

I just found out I have "Fallen arches" and my Physio wants me to wear these speicailly made insoles. Im not too sure about this and I was just wondering if anybody knows of any way to correct this problem without using things like orthopedic in-soles? Would just wearing flat soled shoes all the time do the trick? The result of me having fallen arches is that my achilles tendons and my calve muscles were giving me some trouble. If anybody knows anything about this condition i'd love some feedback. Thanks

Any natural remedies for "fallen arches?"?
Because your arches are not supported your weight bearing mechanics are off and this is putting strain on your Achilles and gastrocs. Flat bottomed shoes won't do it. Orthopedic insoles are not cheap but may be your answer. Try some otc Dr. Scholls arch supports for about 9 bucks and maybe get a rough idea if they help. Fallen arches can put a real strain not only on your lower leg but also on your knees, hips and low back.
Reply:No, wearing flat soled shoes will not do it. You need the support on the inside of the shoe. I'd go with the insoles. The pain is only going to get worse without treatment and you may end up needing more invasive intervention.



loan

No comments:

Post a Comment