Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tips for flat-footed runner.?

My feet are as flat as...heck, I don't know...something really really flat.





Anyway, I'm also a runner and after a mile or so my feet start hurting which causes me to stop and rest my feet. It hurts my "arch" or lack thereof...the area along the inside of my foot between my forefoot (big toe side/sesamoid bone) and just before my heel.





Is there an insole for my shoe that I can buy to prevent this? Any other suggestions?





At the moment I'm running with Asics GT2120 and also some old pair of Asics I have a sentimental bond with, lol. I stopped running on hard concrete and now I stick to treadmills and trails.





I'm 23 and I love running. I have done it constantly as a healthy release. If I wasn't able to run I'd be doomed to couch-potatodom. I'll never be able to reach the level I'm seeking with this problem...and I'd rather not have to resort to visiting a sports-health clinic.





Any help you can provide is welcomed!

Tips for flat-footed runner.?
The problem is that there can be a lot more to it than how flat (or not flat) your foot is. The first thing to do is to get properly fitted for a running shoe. Any good running store will video tape you running on a treadmill and put you in a shoe with good mechanics for your body. It's important to have good motion control if you are over or under-pronating (see link below). Try this and see if they can film you running in your shoes. If your gait is nice and neutral, then you can try an over the counter insole or arch support.





Just be careful not to over do it while you're trying something new. If you're not addressing the right problem you can seriously injure yourself.





I tend to under pronate, and when I run in shoes without motion control my arches start to kill me after a quarter-mile. At first I thought it was my arches and tried a Dr. Scholl's arch support insole and only made things worse.





Good luck!
Reply:Try running on your toes.It makes you go faster,too.But I must warn you you calves will be aching for at least two weeks when you run on your toes for the first time.



Hotel reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment