Sunday, March 14, 2010

Question about Nike+ iPod setup.....?

I have a nano, and I just bought a pair of Nike running shoes but they aren't Nike+ with the recess below the insole for the sensor. Can I place the sensor in the tounge of the shoes and still have it work accurately????

Question about Nike+ iPod setup.....?
The Nike+iPod does not require the Nike+ shoes. Good thing too, because they're generally not as good as some of the other Nike shoes.





Certainly, you can do some "surgery" and put it in the tongue of one of the shoes. Or using velcro is another alternative. I have even seen a yarn pouch that you can make at home if you're crafty. All that is necessary is for the sensor to be on your foot. Nothing else.





Before you decide to try your hand at "surgery" or go to a craft shop, you may wish to consider one of a number of other alternatives have hit the market. I have enclosed a link an article listing many of the commercial choices you can make (Link #1). Most of them are quite cheap.





My younger brother's personal favorite is the Shoe Pouch (Link #2). It looks cool, and it's just $5.99 + shipping. Also, it's arguably the easiest to use. That's probably why I see people wearing them all the time.





Have fun with your new Nike+iPod.
Reply:Yes. I have asics (because I refuse to buy nike's just to use my ipod/nike gear) and I actually used velcro to attach the sensor. Velcro can have a sticky side and it can also be sewn onto fabric. It's not hard to do- I attached the sticky side to the back of the sensor and then sewed the matching velcro piece to the tongue of my shoe, under the laces still so that it would be held but the laces and the velco. It's worked great and I haven't had a problem yet. Even if you don't sew it's so easy. Use a quilting needle which is heavier and easier to get through the tongue of the shoe. Happy running!



office chair

No comments:

Post a Comment