Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ankle surgery?

I had ankle surgery to repair 2 ligaments that were torn in half. They had to reconstruct them by placing 3 screws and some other stuff to my bone in my leg. I had surgery on January 23rd of this year. I've been doing phyical therapy for the past 2 months. I've noticed that my big toe is numb in some areas and my ankle and my whole foot in general swells up when I stand and walk on it for a few minutes. My Othopedic doctor says I'm putting too much pressure on the balls of my feet so I will need foot insole to relief the pain. I was wondering if anyone knows or has been through this situation if they know what is wrong with my ankle. This has been going on for a couple of months.

Ankle surgery?
Are there any signs of swelling around your knee? Do you exhibit any weakness in your feet? Have you had this since your surgery? It's possible that you may have a pinched nerve as a result of inflammation in or around the knee. I would guess that your inflammation in your foot is definitely contributing to the numbness of the toe. What I would do at this point is ice as much as I can to reduce the inflammation around your ankle and foot and consult another orthopedic surg. to examine you. Decreasing the inflammation is going to get rid of your numbness as well as the swelling.








Dr. Ali, DC
Reply:Hey I can relate to your situation, I have had 2 surgery of my left knee in the past 3 1/2 yrs and I have had my bad days while rehabbing. I would recommend that you go and get a 2nd opion or just keep telling your doctor about your pain and concerns. Also take a look at acuepuchure this may help you.



military loans

No comments:

Post a Comment