Friday, March 12, 2010

Men's Hiking Boots - As Wide As Possible - Recommendations?

Hi, I have a US 9-10 foot, with a narrow heel and extremely wide forefoot. I will be going on a hiking trip in mid-September in New England, where it may or may not be wet and/or cold. If possible, I would like these boots to be also usable (non-slip and warm) in snow. Money is important but fit is more important. I also have podiatric orthoses, so I will need a boot with a removable insole.





I have looked at Ecco Track boots, and their size 43 is the right length, and feels just a tiny bit narrow in the forefoot. Will these boots stretch after I break them in? If my orthoses are like .5-1 cm shorter than the shoe, is that OK as long as the orthoses don't slip around?





Please also recommend specific brands and models. Thanks a lot!

Men's Hiking Boots - As Wide As Possible - Recommendations?
Danner Mt. Lite II is a classical style boot that comes in many widths. They are tough as nails and extremely comfortable.





to answer the other part of the ? almost all boots will stretch and shrink somewhat.
Reply:Unless you need to wear crampons you really don't need boots for normal hiking, even in snow. I'd just buy trail shoes or running shoes that fit and not worry about it, assuming it's easier to acquire such. If it snows I wear a vapor barrier liner sock along with liner sock under the VBL and thick hiking sock on top.


http://www.the-ultralight-site.com/hikin...



interest rate

No comments:

Post a Comment