Friday, November 6, 2009

Weak Ankles?

I am a 14 year old boy, actually just turned 14, but I just noticed that during all my sports, after about an hour my feet would pain me to an extent where it is unbearable. I play soccer, tennis, and basketball, and I'm not one of those people who are forced to play, I enjoy them. Sometimes I play sports like football or baseball, but very little. I have had gel insoles before, and I think that I have chiropractic problems. I'm Somewhere around 5' 7" or 5'8" and am 154 pounds. Currently, I am wearing Converse Skateboarding shoes (Arcs inside), and I am tired of this pain I've had since I can remember. Are there any excercises I can do or any products that will help?

Weak Ankles?
You'd probably do better with a cross-training shoe intended for high-impact sports. (The Converse is stylish but doesn't offer much in the way of foot and ankle support or padding.)





Yeah, it'll be less cool, but sports aren't about looking cool.





If you suspect weak ankles are a factor, you can do two things. One, wear ankle braces on both ankles, under your socks. Invisible, and they'll keep you from pronating or supranating your foot--turning the sole very far off level.





Two, strengthen your ankles with exercises which stress them but do not strain them. Speed-walking is one.





However, I don't think from your description that weak ankles is the source of the problem. I think it's poorly chosen shoes for what you're doing.
Reply:I have a weak left ankle. I was in pointe ballet for a couple years. maybe while you're playing your sport, get a ace bandage type of thing. maybe go to a doctor %26amp; get new shoes? I also apply icy/hot gel to my ankle to relieve the pain :]



car audio

No comments:

Post a Comment