Friday, November 6, 2009

Is there anyone who knows a bit about hip pain?

I have clicking and iliac type pain on my right side, I do feel it is something muscular rather than skeletal as it is quite pronounced with stretchers. Spinal ct scan appears fine, and despite my thinking this would be fine the dr insisted. I am taking pain relief daily with some short acting anti inflams. Upon waking in the morning my whole lower back is stiff and takes some convincing to move enough to get out of bed. Due to my really bad track record of taking medications, I often try to go without any. However I am in strife quite quickly in the mornings as ignoring it only makes it worse until my LEFT (and yes I did say LEFT) thigh muscle is burning and going numb. It feels to me that what ever is going on on the rights side, is pulling all the lower back muscles across to that side. ( May not be right, but just what it feels like). The pain is constant and although I am taking pain relief the most I can get it down to is pain in the area it is clicking, it never goes away entirely, yet at that point is tolerable. Its' behaviour is a bit weird for me as it does not seem to be affected by walking or lifting etc yet standing, lifting leg up into hip joint or twisting can be extremely painful and can set off the burning/numbness sensation on the left side?? After the ct scan the dr sent me to a podiatrist who has given me orthotics as she says I have both my feet falling inwards and I walk with a push off skating action, since having the orthotics, she says the walking has improved significantly and that this condition in me is severe not minor. I am unable to put my feet together when standing and yet when I am in a sitting position I can. I am unable to stand straight against a wall my shoulders tend not to go back that far and yet I lay in a bed??? I do stretches everyday to no avail. As a disability support worker, I don't have the time for my pain, and get quite annoyed at it, however what can one do? You've got it have to live with it and move on. Any suggestions though at this point would be great. My next move into the new year is to see a PT for some manual stretching I just cant do myself, maybe that is what it takes, I don't really know.








? what is the difference in a pysio and chiro?








I have only had my insoles for 10wks, the first six weeks she built them up only 50% and then built them up the rest of the way so my body adjusts better to it. Interestingly, she did not give a degree of turn when diagnosing??

Is there anyone who knows a bit about hip pain?
Sounds to me like you should see a Neurosurgeon, because I believe it may be an issue with your Sciatic Nerve. What sells me on that conclusion is the fact that at times you have trouble with both "leg areas". The sciatic nerve runs from the middle of your back to your hips, down the hip and thigh, past the knee across your shin into your big toe. Any or all of those areas can feel displaced pain. I had most of mine in the hip area. For a very long time I (and my doctor) thought is was my hip, only after a MRI did we find that a herniated disc had compromised my Sciatic Nerve. The displaced pain that is caused by this type of problem causes many wrong diagnosis's. MRI's are the only way to determine soft tissue damage and will likely give you the solution to your problem.


Good Luck to You, hope this helps.
Reply:You need a chiropracter to put your back into alignment, I had the same, but am better now, it will take about 4,5 times of going.... Sleeping better too actually. One of your backbones is pressing on your hip or leg nerve... Dont worry, they wont break y;our back but they know really well how to put it straight again. If you dont have money, even going once will already help significantly



Hotel reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment